Propecia, also known by its generic name as Finasteride is the super-effective pill for treating male pattern baldness. Indeed, it is the only medication that enables men to overcome hair loss completely. The generic ingredient works by the impacting the scalp portion of the head, thus controlling hair fall over a steady period of time. However, in men who have completely lost their hair, the medication doesn’t ensure complete hair re-growth even after undergoing the course of therapy for a long period of time. The working mechanism of this hair loss medication is that of acting as an inhibitor of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which is known to trigger the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Increase in the levels of DHT is what that triggers hair loss. To the question of does Propecia regrow hair, the answer is a definitive yes. The prime potential of the medication is to resist the conversion process thereby controlling hair loss and regrowing the hair simultaneously. Ensure that the medication is not taken with other pills of the same category. This recommendation is precisely meant to overcome the risk of counter reaction. The medication should be administered orally. Abstain from breaking or crushing the pill. The ideal dosage would be Propecia 1mg tablets taken once in a day. The disadvantage is that, when the course of therapy is discontinued there is an increase in hair loss. Hence, a decision to discontinue the course of therapy should be made after consulting the doctor.
5 specialties of Propecia
- The clinical cure rate of this hair loss pill stands at 82%. This figure speaks about the efficiency of the pill when taken by men of all age groups. In fact, age doesn’t happen to be a barrier for experiencing the positive effects of the medication. Even one of the reviews categorically state that, the side effects of the medication are mild in nature when compared to other hair loss pills. Indeed, this is one of the uniqueness of the medication.
- Propecia Pills can treat mild to severe hair loss. Its primary mechanism is to control the androgen activity around the scalp region by obstructing the production of DHT.
- The other specialty of Propecia is to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia otherwise referred to as the condition of enlarged prostate. The hair loss pill control BPH symptoms like difficulty in urinating, urge to urinate frequently during the night time, and less urinary flow.
- There are many off-label Propecia uses apart from hair loss. However, there are no proper medical evidences to support it. One such use of the medicine is administering the pill in individuals opting for hormone replacement therapy. This is because of its antiandrogen properties.
- The positive nature Propecia is its tolerability factor in all body types and hence the hair loss pill can be administered in all men suffering from hair loss. However, in individuals with underlying medical ailments caution needs to be exercised. The medication is metabolized to a greater extent in the liver resulting in the formation of two active metabolites.